John Kasperek Co., Inc. (JKC) is a full-service Certified Public Accounting firm located in Mokena and Calumet City, Illinois (suburbs 20 miles south of Metropolitan Chicago), was founded in 1989 to serve the financial needs of the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana area. Led by accomplished governmental consulting expert - founder and managing partner John Kasperek, Jr., CPA - our talented team of Certified Public Accountants and professional staff are dedicated to providing customized services to local units of government, not-for- profit organizations, corporations and individuals. The firm's truly unique expertise is rooted in extensive experience through our municipal and educational auditing and consulting engagements. As a small size company, JKC's attention to detail and hands-on service from all levels of the firm is well received by our clients and our team is highly motivated and dedicated to their continued success.
John Kasperek Co., Inc. seeks an energetic Associate to work in a fast-paced, agile environment. The Associate will perform routine, detailed accounting and tax services, as well as audit support services, under the supervision of a Senior Associate, Manager, or Partner. The Associate is expected to obtain an understanding of the work to be performed and the purpose of the work. They should consistently ask questions of senior personnel when uncertainty or confusion arise.
Associates range from college graduates to individuals with up to five years of experience in performing the following duties:
- Develop the basic technical knowledge; emphasis placed on learning on the job as Associate is shifted from one job to another
- Perform substantive and analytical auditing procedures in assigned areas
- Prepare working papers which adequately document the tests performed and procedures followed to substantiate conclusions reached
- Be alert to the proper and consistent application of accounting principles in performing audit procedures
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and footnotes
- Identify and document control deficiencies or other matters that warrant the attention of management
- Perform electronic submission of governmental audit-related information
- Manage time within limits of budgets and provide real-time feedback to the immediate supervising person
- Provide basic accounting, bookkeeping, and operational support to clients
- Assist with reconciling various general ledger accounts; research discrepancies by working with the client to collect and analyze account information
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Maintain a successful working relationship with clients and handling issues with tact and poise
- Engage in firm networking opportunities with clients and prospects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Plans in progress to complete the requisite 150 hours to be CPA Exam eligible
- Completed the requisite 150 hours in order to sit for CPA Exam
- Basic experience with QuickBooks Pro
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accounting licensure
Applicants for employment must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa. JKC offers a competitive salary based on experience level, a comprehensive benefits package and a professional, friendly office environment with tremendous opportunity for further growth. The firm also offers partial work from home and flexible scheduling.